POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stress : Re: Stress Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stress
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 27 Oct 2002 15:44:52
Message: <3dbc5044@news.povray.org>
Right, well, I suppose I was a bit vague...

I visited the London Science Museum one time... They had this plastic stuff.
Apparently they make scale models of bridges and stuff out of it to analyse
stress. Coz, the thing is, when you view it through this clear plastic sheet
(which probably polarises or something), and when you bend it, the most
stressed parts show up rainbow colours. (The lightsource might be "special"
too - it was in a dark room.)

Andrew.